Some of the world’s biggest names in news, film and media technology will gather at Web Summit from 9-10 November in Lisbon, Portugal on our Content stage and Main stage to explore the way modern media and technology are colliding through AR, VR, TV, film, news and more. The top content leaders speaking this year include:
• Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Actor & Founder, HitRECord
• Joanna Coles, Editor-in-Chief, Cosmopolitan
• Jenna Marbles, Youtube Star
• Miroslava Duma, Founder, Buro 24/7
• Shawn Layden, Chairman, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Worldwide Studios
• Rene Rechtman, President, Marker Studios
• Holly Liu, Co-Founder, Kabam
• Jim Bankoff, CEO, Vox Media
• Jacques Méthé, President, Cirque du Soleil Media
• Shahrzad Rafati, CEO and Founder, Broadband TV
This year technology innovators will join media executives from some of the biggest media brands on stage as the content track at Web Summit expands to reflect the increasing impact technology has on the industry.
Featured topics on Content Stage this year will include:
• Cross-platform storytelling
• Podcasting vs mobile and video
• The future of the entertainment business
• Data in media
• Virtual Reality vs Artificial Reality
“Technology's influence on traditional media is constantly evolving, from on-demand streaming and the culture it has created to the future of print. We’re bringing together some of the world’s leading pioneers in media technology to senior executives in from the world’s leading brands to discuss the future of this industry” Paddy Cosgrave, CEO Web Summit, said.
Web Summit is a global technology conference hosted annually in Lisbon. In 2016, more than 50,000 attendees from over 150 countries will fly to Lisbon for Web Summit, including over 20,000 companies, 7,000 CEOs and 2,000 international journalists. Speakers will include the founders and CEOs of the world’s largest tech companies as well as political leaders and major sports, fashion and music personalities.