The ICCA UK & Ireland Chapter has grown its board and welcomed several new faces to the board over recent months, including Danielle Bounds from ICC Wales and Jack Owens from Failte Ireland. The organisation wants o ensure it reflects the diversity and geography of ICCA UK&I members.
“With more than 70 member organisations in the UK we wanted to ensure our board was truly representative of both our regions and types of business within the Chapter,” comments Diane Waldron, chair of the ICCA UK & Ireland Chapter.
“The ICCA UK & Ireland Chapter continues to be one of the most proactive in the world, with regular meet ups, discussions and education despite our inability to meet in person“, adds Diane Waldron. „We are delighted to have welcomed several new faces to the board over recent months. Their fresh ideas and input will keep our programme of events and ongoing activity relevant for all.”
The ICCA UK & Ireland Chapter continues to hold a weekly coffee and chat session on a Wednesday morning at 1030. The login details are available from the secretariat – Julie Watterston. Future plans include a full Chapter meeting and education session in May, with details to be announced. The annual conference, which was scheduled to take place in Hull in March, will now be held from 9-10 September.
The ICCA UK & Ireland board is comprised of:
- Diane Waldron, QEII Centre (Chair)
- Suzanne Singleton, London & Partners (Vice Chair)
- Julie Watterston, Watterston Associates (Secretariat)
- Samantha Shamkh, ExCeL
- Jackie Boughton, Barbican
- Alex Donaldson, IMEX
- John Martinez, Shocklogic
- Jamie Ades, VisitBritain
- Laurie Scott, VisitAberdeenshire
- Kathleen Warden, SEC
- Rory Archibald, VisitScotland
- Danielle Bounds, ICC Wales
- Jack Owens, Failte Ireland
- Adam Baggs, Soaring Worldwide (co-opted-PR)
- Laura Tully, Manchester Central (maternity leave)
- Grainne Ni Ghiollagain, SoolNua (maternity leave)