Washington. The Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI) released the “2013 Digital & Mobile Marketing Toolkit”, an 84-page e-document offering a comprehensive analysis of current mobile and digital marketing trends and consumer behaviors shifts as it relates to the travel and tourism industry.
"Rapid technology growth and shifting consumer behavior in the digital space has permanently changed the way consumers research and plan trips," said Greg Edwards, DMAI Board Chair and President & CEO of the Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau. "This toolkit was developed to help destination marketers adapt to changing technologies and best use them to inspire more people to travel, experience and spend in destinations throughout the world."
Highlights of the 2013 Digital & Mobile Marketing Toolkit include:
- An analysis of the "State of DMOs" as it pertains to the digital landscape
- Recent findings about the most widely used technologies and emerging digital and mobile trends
- Top strategies on how to inspire and intercept potential visitors during the early stages of vacation planning, connect and engage to build relationships with travelers to drive bookings and continually measure and optimize all digital media channels.
- Dynamic case studies from different DMOs:
- Frequently Asked Questions about emerging technology, social media, search and mobile.
"Now more than ever, DMOs must demonstrate their value in driving consumer demand to key stakeholders," said Michael D. Gehrisch, DMAI President & CEO. "The fast-paced growth within the social space requires constant innovation from destination brands in order to inspire more consumers to travel, stand out among competitors, and earn a measurable return on their investment."
The toolkit is now available here.