A recent survey conducted by Global DMC Partners (GDP) found that while many live events are pivoting to virtual this year, virtual is not considered to be a long-term replacement for face-to-face programs. Live events and hybrid solutions continue to be in high demand.
To help clients, attendees and stakeholders meet safely and effectively together in person, GDP has tapped its global network of independently owned destination management companies (DMCs) and creative event experts to develop and commit to new Health & Sanitation Standards.
As a part of the new Health and Sanitation Standards, all GDP DMCs have committed to the following principles:
• Follow, at a minimum, all local and country ordinances
• Work with vendors that commit to meeting health, safety and sanitation requirements
• Work with the client to implement their specific requirements, within legal limits and abilities, as it relates to cleanliness and sanitation
• Have a health and safety plan in place with all vendors to ensure compliance
• Provide clients with their health and safety plan, which includes details on their vendors’ health and safety protocols and processes
All GDP DMCs will be able to propose and provide pricing for the following items as needed:
• Hand sanitizers (individual or stations)
• Masks (plain or branded)
• Temperature check equipment
• On-site medical checks
• COVID-19 testing options/availability
GDP’s Health and Sanitation Document (PDF) provides further details on meeting room set-up, transportation, on-site staff management, tours and activities and more.