To comply with new governmental regulation, MCI China entirely redesigned, coordinated and delivered a fully planned offline product launch event for a Chinese multinational technology company into a combination of live and virtual attendee experiences in less than a week.
After collaborating with the client to identify the best alternative and handling cancellation regulations, the team decided to transform the event into a hybrid one, MCI says. It was important that the online user experience would have the same essential elements as the offline original event design.
MCI China developed an offline environment and demo area in which media and channel partner guests were present participating in the keynote and other live speakers’ presentations while they were being broadcasted and recorded.
The result was a hybrid event, where:
- 500 media and channel partner guests participated safely and responsibly
- event elements were broadcasted via live online stream on client-owned platforms
- information was made available in 7 languages
- the live streams had a mobile-centric functionality and were all branded with the client’s logo
- the product launch content had a significantly enlarged reach since the event went virtual and was promoted on the existing client social media accounts
„I’m very touched, I have been very busy and did not provide enough guidance and direction for the product demo area, and you took the initiative to visit our store, learn the products and created a uniform and complete showcase“, the Creative Director of the Chinese multinational technology company is quoted.
Florence Chua, Director, Greater China Development, MCI China said: „Together we overcame all the uncertainties and changes to deliver the best possible hybrid experience for both live and online participants amidst the challenging period.”