Education. CIBTM takes place from 8-10 September 2009 at the China National Convention Center (CNCC) in Beijing and is co-hosted by the Beijing Tourism Administration (BTA). Its education programme recognises the need for changing business practices in the current economic climate, and will offer businesses and individuals with insightful sessions that will prepare them better for the challenging times ahead.
Erica Keogan, CIBTM’s Education Content Manager said: “Part of the meeting and incentives portfolio strategy is to provide best professional education sessions specifically for the meetings industry.
We have designed the education programme at CIBTM this year to look at providing practical support and information for the meetings industry in China.”
Key highlights of CIBTM’s professional education sessions include:
- Understanding the strategic importance and true value of International Association Conventions - Martin Sirk, CEO ICCA;
- The anatomy of an event – Andrea Michaels CEO Extraordinary Events, USA;
- How to successfully organise events for Chinese clients overseas - Dr Adam Wu, China Business Network, China;
- Creating responsible, off the beaten path MICE Events in China - Jia Liming, Wild China;
- How Convention Centres can meet International client expectations - Rod Cameron, AIPC; Effective association management in turbulent times learning from global best practices - Robin Lokerman, President MCI Asia Pacific;
- 2010 World Expo Shanghai - suitable for MICE-business? - Daniel Tschudy, Senior Advisor Special Projects, MCI –Shanghai;