Education and Wellness merge in ibtm america’s 2015 “ConnectZone”
Chicago. To deliver on this year’s show theme “Connections Mean Everything,” ibtm america 2015 has created a ConnectZone with thought-provoking, bite-sized education sessions and body / mind wellness activities to help attendees engage, unwind and “get enlightened” in Chicago from 9-11 June.
“We recognise that having a unique and enjoyable experience is key to making business connections at our show this year,” said Jaime McAuley, Event Director. “As a result, we’ve combined last year’s popular Innovation and Refresh Zones into a new concept for our appointment-focused event to create a learning environment that’s both physically and mentally stimulating for our buyers and exhibitors.”
The new ConnectZone, in collaboration with The Meeting Pool, will offer a number of unique activities for both Hosted Buyers and exhibitors to experience outside of business appointment hours. Planned sessions include:
- “Standing Yoga” – with Dr. Kim of X-bytes and Sound Off Headphone Technology
- “Two Ingredients For Winning Proposals” – Debbie Mayo-Smith
- "Tech presentations from Poken and Certain
- “Trends in Sitting – Start with Standing!” – Matthew Broderick
- “Green, Local & Sustainable F&B Trends” – Savor Chicago at McCormick Place
- “Apps For Work Life Balance” – Dahlia El Gazzar
- “Fitness & Stretch Break” – Dr. Kim and Sound Off
- “Hotel & Travel Workout Tips” – Dr. Kim and Sound Off
The ConnectZone will bring back a few other attendee favorites as well as some new activities designed to stimulate wellbeing. Some of the offerings include:
- TECHbar – Part of last year’s Innovation Zone, the new and improved TECHbar will provide additional interactive education.
- Meditation Lounge – This Lounge will feature six headsets loaded with a choice of 3 meditations – the perfect place to come and relax and charge your device!
- Reflexology & Acupressure – Learn about your overall health as it stems from your feet with a reflexology treatment from Chicago’s leading reflexologists.
- Posture Therapy – Join therapist Matthew Broderick of MFB Wellness as he teaches us how to adjust your posture to ensure ideal comfort during your meetings and beyond!
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Dress for Success, a not-for-profit organisation that promotes economic independence for disadvantaged women, will be onsite to collect clothing donations. Also participating is Fight2Feed, a 501c non-profit organisation with the mission to eliminate hunger in Chicago by utilising leftovers from restaurants and the mobility of food trucks to reduce food waste and feed those who need it most.
- The Style Corner – Stella & Dot will showcase this summer’s hottest trends. Don’t miss Stella & Dot’s sneak-peak at products to come, and if you make a purchase, proceeds go to Ovarian Cancer research.
- Snack Zone – Sample some of Chicago’s finest at the Snack Zone, Vendors include Garrett’s popcorn.
ibtm america takes place from 9-11 June 2015 in Chicago.