• The resumption of activity on the site has been effective since 4 May, starting date of the gradual de-confinement of the Principality of Monaco.
• Teams have been mobilised to guarantee the organisation of upcoming events in strict compliance with the current health requirements.
• The Grimaldi Forum Monaco’s event calendar is busy starting from September. The online ticket-office is now open.
The Grimaldi Forum Monaco (GFM) is preparing to resume activity by focusing on the arrangements necessary for the optimal reception of its teams and customers, in compliance with the governmental preventative health measures in force. Even if remote work remains the rule until June 18, employees whose presence on site is necessary have resumed an activity since May 4 at the GFM.
With regard to GFM staff, strong measures have been taken:
- Temperature measurement on arrival.
- Setting up of disinfectant mat.
- The wearing of a mask is compulsory in all shared parts of the building and during meetings.
- The distribution of washable masks, hydroalcoholic gel and boxes of wipes for the disinfection of surfaces.
- Visors for field workers and technicians and for the security command post in the event of intervention.
- Self-service distributors of hydroalcoholic gel and disinfectant wipes at all strategic points of the building.
- Fitting of plexiglass separators between “open space” offices and monitoring of social distancing, ensuring 4m2 of space between employees.
- Plan for cleaning and disinfection of premises and reinforcement of equipment with virucide EN 14476 norm, in particular at contact points (ramps, handles, counters, elevator buttons, shared public facilities, sanitary facilities, etc.).
- Clean all ducts and change air conditioning filters before site reopening
- Canteen closed until 1 August with provision during this period of suitable spaces and equipment for employees to take a lunch break.
With regard to welcoming the public, and pending the establishment of correct conditions for the reopening of public event centres, a technical guide is already available detailing the arrangements taken by the GFM.
- Temperature measurement on arrival.
- Placement of disinfectant mats at the main entrances.
- The wearing of a mask is compulsory
- Security guards and hostesses are equipped with visors in addition to a mask.
- Self-service dispensers for hydroalcoholic gel and disinfectant wipes at all strategic points in the building.
- Fitting of protective plexiglass screens to fixed and mobile reception desks.
- Training of security guards in the COVID19 protocol.
- Covid19 adviser assigned to customers.
- Provision of a dedicated space for isolating suspected cases.
- Social distancing signs and reminder of gestures barriers at all strategic points of the building.
- Deep cleaning and disinfection with EN 14476 norm:
Common areas reinforcement, shared equipment and sanitary facilities including at contact points (ramps, handles, counters, escalator buttons, shared public facilities, sanitary facilities, etc.).
Systematic cleaning and disinfection of all spaces, furniture and all equipment used by the organisers including at contact points (ramps, handles, counters, escalator buttons, shared public facilities, sanitary facilities, etc.).
Daily cleaning and disinfection of the uniforms of security guards and hostesses.
These measures are in addition to those of the Prince’s Government, which is carrying out a massive screening of its resident and salaried population, and will make it possible to welcome the customers and public of the Grimaldi Forum under the best possible conditions.
In addition, its geographical location on the shores of the Mediterranean, which gives the site a warm climate, and the architecture of the building (with large openings to the outside, its large spaces are easily ventilated) are assets when it comes to the prevention of risks linked to Covid19. Another notable point is that the public spaces are air-conditioned with fresh air being taken in from the outside and then filtered, and with the return air intake going from the ceiling to a central treatment unit.
With regard to events planned since the start of the confinement, everything has been done to offer solutions for postponement to clients organising them: room changes, drastic reduction in assembly and disassembly times between each event, etc.
This work by the GFM teams has made it possible to avoid cancellations by customers as much as possible by supporting them: out of a total of 25 events scheduled between March and July 2020, 20 have been postponed.
The events calendar is busy from the start of the new school year in September. For events open to the public, reservations can be made online (www.grimaldiforum.com - Agenda section - accessible by clicking here). In the event of cancellation of an event, reservations are refunded directly via the internet platform for tickets purchased online. For tickets purchased by phone, the Grimaldi Forum will contact customers directly by phone.