The Events Industry Council (EIC) announced 40 professionals who earned their CMP designation in July 2021’s Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) programme. The education programme is recognised around the world as a badge of excellence in the events industry, according to EIC. The full list of new Certified Meeting Professionals can be viewed here.
“The new Certified Meeting Professionals join an elite group of meeting professionals committed to upholding the industry’s professional standards and proven practices and we applaud them for their focus and dedication during this time of extreme learning, adaptations and innovations,” said EIC CEO Amy Calvert.
The programme was launched by EIC in 1985. EIC initiated the CMP-HC subspecialty in 2014. The aim is to provide continuing education, increase professionalism, and enhance career opportunities in all sectors of the industry by:
- Identifying a comprehensive body of knowledge in the meeting management profession.
- Promoting industry standards, practices, and ethics.
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management.
- Increasing the value of CMPs to their employers.
- Maximising the value received from the products and services provided by CMPs.
EIC expanded testing options in 2020, including year-round testing and remote proctoring, as part of ongoing efforts to support industry professionals seeking to earn this designation. More than 11,000 meeting professionals from 40 nations hold the CMP or CMP-HC designation.