BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E) has completed its first three-year strategic plan resulting in growth for the company: 141% increase in total sales, 117% in employees, 218% increase in global footprint and a suite of expanded products and services – now servicing clients in more than 50 countries.
Over the last three years, BCD M&E also saw:
- The completion of four dedicated meetings & events acquisitions: Universal Meetings Management (U.S.), Plan 365 (U.S.), Zibrant (UK) and Grass Roots Meetings & Events (EMEA).
- An increased footprint with additional acquisitions in eight countries: China, Colombia, Poland, Hong Kong, Germany, Switzerland, Norway and Sweden.
- An expansion into sports hospitality, travel and entertainment with the launch of BCD Sports.
- The digitization of critical meeting services through its proprietary suite of technology services under its MeetingSource™ platform including a self-service, online meeting booking tool and a non-employee expense reimbursement and reporting tool.
- A global venue sourcing offering including proprietary technology for sourcing and contracting venues.
“IIn 2016 we launched our first strategic growth plan with the clear intention of tripling our profit, expanding our global footprint in EMEA, LATAM and APAC and answering the needs of our customers through new and innovative offerings,” said Scott Graf, BCD M&E’s global president.
Following the three-year plan, BCD M&E now embarks on a new three-year growth strategy, Vison 2021, to expand its business through organic growth and strategic acquisitions. BCD Travel, closed 2018 with a 6% increase in total sales over 2017.