The Nominations to join the HSMAI Region Europe Board of Directors are open now until 7 July, 2021. The chair of the nomination committee Martin Jørgensen says: “We look forward to adding more people to the board later this summer and we will make sure we get a good balance of competence and gender. We are looking for individuals that can help us to continue to build on our strong culture on appreciative leadership.”
The 19 board members will be made up of senior management, marketers and academics working in the UK and European hospitality industry. Candidates are invited to submit nominations by return of this form (PDF download) to email: email@example.com.
The successful candidates will join the President and CEO of HSMAI Region Europe, Ingunn Hofseth, and the newly elected Chair Michael Nowlis - an independent consultant and a former Associate Dean at Cornell Johnson Graduate School of Management.
Eight board members have already been elected to serve on the board:
- Paul Proctor, Vice President - Commercial Europe at InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)
- Monique Jaspers-Wijn, Global Head of Data Insights & Digital Media Travelport at Travelport
- Per Griwell, Commercial Director at Thon Hotels
- Markus Keller, Senior VP Sales & Distribution at Accor
- Roberta Possenti, Vice President Europe at Preferred Hotels
- Guy Barnes, Area Vice President Growth, EMEA at IDeaS
- Michael Schaffner, VP Sales EMEA at Duetto
- Gino Angels, Co-founder and Chief Commercial Officer at OTA Insight
Ingunn Hofseth says: “This prestigious leadership opportunity is open to any HSMAI member in the UK and across Europe looking to be part of the team working on the strategic direction of the industry in the post-pandemic era as the hospitality industry embarks on its business recovery.“
Ingunn Hofseth continues: “Whilst 60% of board positions are made up of those working directly in the hospitality industry in the region, HSMAI Region Europe is particularly keen to ensure the board is made up of a complementary mix and diverse backgrounds and careers. Above all, all the board members will be passionate about helping to drive our industry forward and flourish in 2022 and beyond.”