Attendees and exhibitors at IMEX Frankfurt this May will have access to a brand-new online platform designed to add further value to their participation at IMEX shows, as a statement reads.
Ahead of this year’s show taking place May 23 to 25, the organisers have been working with event management company Expo Platform to offer participants a new online tool enhanced with a range of features and tools “carefully designed to maximise business connections and ease of use”.
According to a press release, this new platform makes simpler for exhibitors and buyers to find and connect with each other in the run-up to the show and then to enhance those relationships face to face at IMEX. Reportedly, it allso allows all attendees to have their own personal account for all future IMEX shows, enabling a fast, single sign-on for both IMEX Frankfurt and IMEX America.
“Our intention is for our buyers and exhibitors in particular to enjoy a simpler, more intuitive networking and appointment experience. We’ve done our very best to streamline our platform so that buyers and exhibitors can find and meet each other more efficiently. And we’re committed to continuing to learn and enhance the platform over the coming months and years,” explains Carina Bauer, CEO of the IMEX Group.
Tanya Pinchuk, CEO of Expo Platform, adds: “IMEX is one of the greatest business event showcases and a real force for good in our industry, so we are delighted to be working with them to make their events smart and seamless.
The developments include:
- Free lead scanning for all buyers and exhibitors: Traditionally an additional, paid-for service at trade shows only available to exhibitors, the new IMEX app gives all buyers and exhibitors the ability to quickly scan and connect to every individual they meet free of charge. The app also gives a clean and intuitive view of all leads in each person’s new IMEX account.
- Networking before, during and after IMEX: Buyers and exhibitors can now check out who’s attending IMEX and contact them pre and during the show via the IMEX app.
- Recommendations: Using the AI-enabled recommendation-engine, finding exhibitors, products, learning sessions or potential business contacts with similar interests is faster and more accurate. (Unusually, IMEX does not offer, or force, matchmaking).
- Personal email and calendar integration: Attendees can select and save their preferred exhibitors and education and sync appointment calendars to their personal schedules and preferred email provider (including Outlook and Gmail).
- Bringing clients or additional colleagues to appointments: A restriction of the old platform was that appointments tended to be only one-to-one. Attendees now have the flexibility to invite multiple individuals to their appointments.
- A seamless desktop to app experience: all system features are available on a web browser and via the app making it easier than ever for buyers and exhibitors to manage their show experience pre- show and onsite.