After a virtual show in 2020 ITB Asia 2021 was set to debut as hybrid event vom 25 to 29 October in Singapore. But now Messe Berlin (Singapore) has announced the complete digitalisation of the event again. The physical event is postponed to 2022.
After close observations of international developments of the Covid-19 pandemic and extensive conversations with local authorities and partners, they made the difficult decision to move the show completely virtual, the show organisers say. The decision is made as Singapore moves to Phase 3 (heightened alert) where the current limit for MICE events is set at 250 attendees.
In addition, the recent surge in Covid-19 infections in the Asia-Pacific region has dimmed the positive outlook for the aviation sector, undermining previous optimism among travellers as regional countries tighten border controls and travel restrictions.
“The hybrid concept garnered an excellent response with over 600 confirmed exhibitors but it has become apparent that international delegates are unable to reasonably plan their participation and travel arrangements,“ said Katrina Leung, Managing Director of Messe Berlin (Singapore), the organiser of ITB Asia. „Therefore, with a good lead time this year we will conduct the show virtually, offering international delegates a stronger digital platform for B2B networking, learning and knowledge sharing.”
Features of ITB Asia virtual 2021 are:
- Community Activity Feed, a social networking page to share latest insights, articles and participate in group discussions.
- Business Matching, a live platform to exchange business contacts and schedule virtual appointments (From 25 – 29 October, 5 full days)
- The Conference with key industry speakers on 26 – 28 October (3 full days)
- A Knowledge Library with trade articles, white papers on travel destinations, research reports and content by industry bellwethers and trade partners.
- On-demand Videos from virtual events or industry contributors.
All conference sessions are available on-demand for a month. The event is held in conjunction with MICE Show Asia as well as Travel Tech Asia.
Exhibitor registration for ITB Asia Virtual event 2021 is available through this link. Virtual booth packages range from USD 500+ per digital booth to USD 12,000+ per pavilion. Exhibitors have an array of virtual benefits and some new perks such as business card download functions.