Shanghai. In a move that will open new doors for IT&CM China, the MICE company of CITS has officially partnered the event as co-organiser. TTG Asia Media and MP International – the pioneering organisers of China’s leading professional Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions (MICE) business and networking event, IT&CM China – are confident that the joint venture with CITS International M.I.C.E. will strengthen the quality and reputation of the event in both, the international and domestic market.
“CITS is among the top 100 companies in China delivering one of the largest domestic and outbound leisure, corporate & MICE tourism business in the country. Their knowledge of the China market and invaluable network will contribute significantly to raising the participation of Chinese exhibitors, buyers and media that the IT&CM China international delegates want to meet.” said Mr Darren Ng, Managing Director of TTG Asia Media.
Into its 6th year, IT&CM China brings together Chinese and International MICE exhibitors and buyers in one dynamic marketplace, allowing international and leading Chinese players in the MICE industry to explore new and exciting business opportunities and strengthen existing partnerships. IT&CM China continues to excel on its unique formula of delivering a good mix of International and Chinese exhibitors and some 400 buyers with a 50%-50% mix of International and Chinese buyers.
“CITS International M.I.C.E. is proud to collaborate with TTG Asia Media and MP International. IT&CM China is the country’s leading international business platform to promote domestic, inbound and outbound MICE travel for China. The event has immediate relevance and benefit to many of our existing business partners and we are optimistic about being able to enhance the quality of the event’s Chinese participation.” said Mr Ike Zhang, General Manager – Shanghai Branch & Partner Relations, American Express China of CITS International M.I.C.E.
Mr James Chia, Chairman of MP International added, “With CITS in the partnership, this will create an even stronger synergy to produce an exceptional and stellar event. MP International will continue to focus on the operational and logistical intricacies involved in staging this international event. I have every confidence that the 2012 event will be the best one yet. ”
Meanwhile, IT&CM China organisers are also bullish that these positive highlights of this year’s event will spur participation interest of IT&CM China 2012:
• 86% of exhibitors expect to receive orders over the next 6 to 12 months as a result of their participation at IT&CM China 2011.
• 50% of all buyers were first-time participants from across the world.
• Events / Meeting Planners, Corporate Companies with Incentive Programmes and Professional Conference Organisers are the top 3 buyers that exhibitors would like to see more of at IT&CM China 2012. In 2011, these delegates consisted of 38%, 16% and 38% of attending buyers respectively. Further efforts will be placed on delivering these buyer segments to the 2012 event.
• While close to 100% of Exhibitors have fulfilled their objectives (including contracting & business negotiations, networking and keeping up with the competition) of being at IT&CM China, 77% of Exhibitors have requested to see even more Chinese buyers at the 2012 event. The involvement of CITS in the 2012 event will be a compelling assurance to interested exhibitors about the quality and quantity of Chinese buyers that can be expected.
• IT&CM China anchored the first-ever Shanghai Business Events Week (SBEW) launched by Shanghai Municipal Tourism Administration (SMTA) in 2011. It will continue to be part of the SBEW 2012 that themes leading MICE industry business, education and networking highlights under one brand in cosmopolitan Shanghai.
More IT&CM China 2011 highlights will be released in the upcoming 2012 event newsletter. IT&CM China 2012 will take place from 17 to 19 April 2012 at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center. Get the latest information on the event at www.itcmchina.com