Creating value. MCI is pleased to announce the release of its 2011 sustainability report, entitled “Creating Value”. This is the third sustainability report which details the company’s strategies and performance at integrating sustainable development principles into its operations and services.
Receiving a commendable C-Level Application Check Certificate upon evaluation by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), this is the first report by an international events agency to use the new GRI Event Organisers Sector Supplement, developed with the assistance of MCI talent.
Highlights from the report demonstrating MCI’s sustainable performance in 2011 include:
• Improving operational sustainability performance with 35 MCI offices (74%) measuring impacts (up from 5 in 2009) and 85% of offices with a detailed sustainability plan for 2012.
• Reducing client risks and impacts by launching the Event Safety and Sustainability (ESST) tool, and committing to assess risks of all MCIs events – a meetings and events industry first.
• Better engaging the supply chain with 67 key international partners (representing 45% of group spend) now subscribing to the MCI Supplier Code of Conduct
• Engaging MCI talent, with 64% of staff claiming to have changed their behaviour at work as a result of the MCI CSR Programme.
• Giving back to the community, with MCI talent investing 1253 hours of time and raising €207,997 for 52 community projects around the world.
• Organizing and consulting to over 89 of the world’s leading events focused on energy and sustainable development including the Corporate Sustainability Forum at the RIO+20 Conference, the GRI Global Conference on Sustainability and Transparency, and the Asian Business Summit on Climate Leadership.
• Promoting change in the meeting industry, by active involvement in the development and implementation of the GRI, ISO20121 and APEX-ASTM Sustainable event frameworks, and delivering over 129 keynotes about sustainability to over 18000 people since 2009.
Sebastien Tondeur, CEO of MCI, comments; “We are proud of our achievements and pleased to see how our CSR programme has evolved and continues to innovate to take our business into a better future. We know that we still have a long way to go and that long term profitable growth can be enhanced with responsibility and sustainability at the heart of what we do.” Click here to watch Sebastien introduce the MCI Sustainability Report 2011.
For further detail on the information on sustainability at MCI, visit MCI’s sustainability blog lessconversationmoreaction.com.