The events and congresses are expected to bring together over 23,000 attendees. This influx of visitors will benefit local businesses, hotels, restaurants, transportation and the broader community during the off-peak season.
The five congresses to be held in the coming months are:
• XXXIV GEDET Meeting (Spanish Aesthetic and Therapeutic Dermatology Group): 5, 6 and 7 October 2023.
• XXI FAME Congress (Spanish Federation of Midwives Congress) and II ABC Congress (Balearic Association of Midwives): 26 to 28 October 2023.
• 53rd Congress of the Spanish Society of Nephrology (SEN): 11 to 13 November 2023
• XII ASEBIR Congress (Association for the Study of Reproductive Biology): 15, 16 and 17 November 2023
• Congress of Spanish Hoteliers 2023 (CEHAT): 22nd to 24th November 2023
In addition, the Palma Congress Center will be the venue for the Informal Ministerial Meeting on Tourism to be held on the 30th and 31st of October 2023. Other upcoming events are for example the Unitour University Orientation Fair (23 October), the closing ceremony of the 12th edition of the Evolution Mallorca International Film Festival (24 October) and the TaPalma 2023 Competition (20 November). In December, a high volume of company’s events and Christmas dinners could bring an estimated two thousand additional attendees to the quarter.